PPMW: Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington D.C., Inc
What actually is ppmw?
Planned Parenthood was founded on the visionary idea that access to sexual and reproductive health care could transform people’s lives. And for nearly 80 years, PPMW has provided high quality, supportive reproductive medical care for families in the DC metro area.
Planned Parenthood is made up of 56 affiliates across the nation that run health centers in one or more states. Our affiliate serves DC, Northern Virginia, Montgomery County, MD and Prince George's County, MD:
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Suitland, Maryland
- Washington, DC
Our Services Include:
- Annual Well-Women Exams. Think pelvic and breast exams, these do not necessarily include pap smears!
- Cervical Cancer Screening & Prevention: Pap smear, Colposcopy, LEEP
- UTI, Vaginal infection & Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) Testing & Treatment
- HPV Vaccines
- Birth Control. Get birth control the day of your appointment!
- Emergency Contraception: Plan B, Paraguard
- Pregnancy Testing & Option Counseling. We provide resources on all of your options: adoption/ abortion/ continuing your pregnancy
- Abortion Services: Medical & Surgical
- STI Testing & Treatment: Chlamydia, Genital Warts, Gonorrhea, Herpes, Syphilis, Trichnomoiasis (Trich), & others
- Expedited Partner STI Treatment
- HIV Testing & Linkage To Care
- Men's Health: genital rashes, STI testing/treatment, UTI Testing & Treatment